Monday, March 10, 2008

New Parts Stash!

Last week I was browsing for motorcycle stuff in the Recycler and I found an ad that read "Suzuki GS1000 Wiseco Pistons, $225, other parts too". I called, and the seller was in Santa Clarita, so I took a trip up there on Saturday. He was a cool guy, and had a lot more stuff than was in the ad, including a set of clean carbs, mirrors, GS1100 aluminum swingarm, GS1100G cylinders and head, the Wiseco Pistons w/Cometic head gasket, and most importantly, an NOS front fender!

I laid down $260 and walked away with the whole pile. Some of this stuff I'll sell on eBay since I don't need it, but the Wiseco Pistons and GS1100G head will eventually find their way onto this motor. He had an amazing GS1000E of his own - bought in the 80s from the original owner who modified it with period parts. I didn't get any pictures, but it has a strengthened frame, 1100cc kit, cams, 33mm smoothbores, Kerker pipe, powder coated GS1100 swingarm, CB750F front fender and a bunch more amazing period mods. A beautilful and fast bike!

The NOS fender went straight on as soon as I got home. Wow, it really makes the front end of the bike look classy! Check back for more as I consider a new engine build to make use of the Wisecos.

No comments: